Good afternoon to all of our St. Edward Jaguar families,
I want to touch bases with everyone a little earlier this week as Thanksgiving break is approaching.
1. Our Student Council is sponsoring the ‘Annual Canned Food Drive.’ We will be accepting nonperishable canned or packaged items through December 9. All items will be used for the St.Edward Christmas Basket program for our community. For every 100 items brought in, the entire school gets a dress down day. Send in your items with your child.
2. A number of families will be traveling over the next week. The Illinois Department of health is urging everyone to be cautious; Consider the vaccination or booster, mode of travel, masks, and exposure in unfamiliar places. Please continue to communicate with me if you have any questions.
3. Monday, November 22 – This is a full day of school. There will be bus service in the morning and after school.
ALL SCHOOL MASS – 8:45 a.m.
In place of the usual Thanksgiving luncheon with all of our families, all students and staff will be served a free Thanksgiving lunch with milk. If your child does not want turkey, simply send a sack lunch.
4. Tuesday, November 23 – School will be released at 11:30 a. m. for our Thanksgiving break. There will be bus service in the morning but no service at 11:30. School will resume on Monday, November 29.
5. We still need a handful of people to assist with our Secret Santa Workshop. Consider signing up, even if it is for part of the time.
6. I will send detailed information about our Christmas Music Program when we return from our break.
7. Previously, I had mentioned participating in the Chillicothe Christmas Parade. However, in the steps leading up to the parade there were a number of conflicts that prevented representation of St. Edward in the parade. We will continue to work on opportunities to participate in community events as we move forward.
On behalf of our staff, Father Matt and myself enjoy a safe and fun break.