Good morning to all Jaguar families!
I have some information for you before we break for our Thanksgiving break.
* Our St. Edward canned food drive will continue through Thursday, December 9. A previous email was sent with details.
* Tonight at Weaver’s restaurant, 20% of all receipts will be donated to our Parents Club. Weaver’s is located on Willow Knolls Rd and Radnor Rd. in Peoria.
* Information information on how to donate to St. Edward Catholic School was sent in a previous email. If you have any questions, please feel free to call me.
* Today our entire school will be treated to a Thanksgiving lunch free of charge.
* Tomorrow the 23rd, school will be released at 11:30 a. m. for Thanksgiving break. Bus service will be provided in the morning but no bus service is available at 11:30
SECRET SANTA WORKSHOP
I would like to review the procedure for the Secret Santa Workshop scheduled to open next week, beginning on the 29th.
The purpose of the Workshop is to provide an opportunity for each student to shop for Christmas gifts for members of their family. Items range in price from $1.00 to $7.00.Most items are in the $4.00 to $7.00 range. Parents send money with the students, thus allowing the students to shop during the day. Parents are invited to shop at the end of the event on Thursday, after the students have finished.
Gift wrapping will be provided after their purchases have been made.
PRESCHOOL FAMILIES – A flyer is being sent home today and tomorrow to assist you in organizing their purchases. Miss Angie, Miss Gloria and Miss Heather will be on hand to help them as they shop.
HELP!! We are asking anyone available during the day between 9:00 a. m. and 1:00 a. m. to consider coming in to help the kids. If you can schedule any part of that time, your effort would be greatly appreciated. Please give me a call for times and details.
Several reminders concerning the uniform. Please make sure students are bring regular shoes to school if they wear boots. Boots are not allowed during the school day.
Sweat shirts may be worn during the school day if they have the Cross and Crown logo. Hoodies are not allowed.
Please make sure your student is wearing a coat to school each day. The temperatures are dropping.
I wish all of you a safe, healthy and fun Thanksgiving break.
Take care and God Bless
‘It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge.’