Latest CDC COVID testing and quarantining
Dear St. Edward Jaguar parents,
As you may have seen or heard, the CDC recently released new guidelines for close contacts and positive quarantines. The most notable update is the reduction of isolation time from 10 days to 5 days, depending on symptoms present at that time.
This is a positive step as we are constantly working to keep all individuals safe as well as our school overall. Ultimately, the students are placed in the best position by remaining in school.Your vigilance has kept St. Edward healthy with no cross-contamination events since the beginning of the virus outbreak. Thank you!
I am listing the newest guidelines:
Individuals that test positive
Regardless of vaccination status must quarantine for 5 days out of school, returning on the designated date. Example: I get tested on January 1, that is day 0. You count 5 days from January 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th.
You may return to school on December 7th if no symptoms are present and fever free for 24 hours without medication.
- Students may return with COVID test results. You must test to return. Acceptable testing includes; Point of Care (rapid) and PCR (lab) tests if both are performed at the student’s healthcare provider. At home testing is not accepted for positive or negative results.
- Symptom free
- Fever free for 24 hours without the use of fever medication.
Guidelines for close contact/exposures for vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals:
- Isolate immediately
- Wear a mask around others for 5 day, test on day 5 if possible
- If you display symptoms, isolate immediately until a negative test confirms symptoms are not caused by COVID-19.
- The 5 day rule does not apply to extracurricular activities, i.e. sports. Due to inconsistency in masking, quarantines are automatically 10 days. Students may return to school in 5 days but not participate in the extracurricular activities for 10.
- Students must be in school for one half of the day to participate or attend any activity after school.
- Students must be passing all subjects to be eligible to participate or attend after school activities.
- Our all school spelling bee will be held next Friday January 21st.
- 1st semester report cards will be sent home today. Keep the report card. Please return the cover/envelope.
- Our Blessed Buddy Day is scheduled for Friday January 14. The theme is time travel, past or future.
- Monday, January 17 – No School – Martin Luther King Jr. Day