Greetings to all St. Edward Jaguar families!
I wanted to touch bases with you before our Easter break.
1. Reminder that today is an early release at 1:15 p. m. There is no bus service at that time. Several parents have asked how our Professional Development calendar is adopted. Our top priority is to align as closely as possible with the IVC school calendar. After the general calendar is adopted I look at how our in-service days and institutes can fit into that schedule. There are times when Diocesan requirements must be met, creating another layer of early releases or days off. Our 2022 – 2023 calendar will be posted within the next several weeks. The first day of school this fall will be Monday August 15th.
2. All parents and grandparents are invited to attend our 7th & 8th grade Religion class’s performance of the ‘Shadow Stations of the Cross’ at 1:45 in the gym on Holy Thursday (tomorrow). Please make sure you come about 5 minutes early to be seated. Following the presentation, you are invited to the church for adoration led by Father Matt for about 10 minutes. School will be dismissed shortly after that.
3. I’ve had several questions about tuition for next year.
* Our Kindergarten rate for the 2022 – 2023 school year will be $1,400.00. This matches our 4 day preschool rate.
* To clarify, Smart Tuition accounts may be set up for the 10, 11 or 12 month option regardless of the amount you are paying for tuition. This option is available for preschool families as well.
* If you are in need of tuition assistance, please call me as soon as you can. We can discuss your options over the phone or in person.
* Our new 3 day preschool program tuition has been set at $1,200.00. Our 4 day preschool program tuition rate has been set at $1,400.00
* The ‘Extended Care’ program is being finalized. Information will be published within the next several weeks.
* The letter and guidelines Father Matt and I sent home is a template for you to calculate your tuition rates. If you have any questions, please let me know.
I ask that you keep Father Matt and me in your prayers as we are traveling to New Orleans next week to present and showcase St. Edward’s ‘Multiage’ curriculum at the National Catholic Education Association(NCEA) National Convention. I am very proud of everything we have accomplished over the past two years. We are dedicated to creating deep, meaningful and effective classroom approaches on behalf of all students and parents.
I will not be publishing a Parent Update next week.
Take care and have a Blessed Triduum and Easter!